By visiting Ugonwas.ca, you’re accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Ugonwas.ca Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Ugonwas.ca Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Ugonwas.ca?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does Ugonwas.ca Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Ugonwa shopping experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Ugonwas.ca or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Ugonwas.ca on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Mobile:When you download or use apps created by Ugonwa’s or its subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, click here.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Ugonwas.ca if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Ugonwa’s Associates with content served by Ugonwas.ca), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Ugonwas.ca Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Ugonwa.com, controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Ugonwa.com.ca, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Ugonwas.ca and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Ugonwas.ca, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Which Information Can I Access?
Ugonwas.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Ugonwas.ca for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Ugonwas.ca features as Customer Reviews and Wish Lists.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you don’t want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices still will govern your use of Ugonwas.ca, and it’s your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Ugonwas.ca?
Ugonwas.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Ugonwas.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Ugonwas.ca, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the province of Alberta or Canada. If you have any concern about privacy at Ugonwas.ca, please contact us with a thorough description, and we’ll try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you’ve used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; names of people (with addresses and telephone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. For information about specific devices, click here. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at Ugonwas.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings), payment settings (including credit card information, gift certificate, gift card, and check balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations.